June is Men’s Health Month!
June is Men’s Health Month, and we want to remind everyone, especially the aging men in your life, of the importance of living a healthy lifestyle to maintain optimal energy levels!
As we age, our energy and hormone levels may diminish; with proper nutrition, exercise, and hormone balance, this doesn’t mean men are out of the game. Now is the time to set goals and take action. If you find you’re having a hard time knowing where to start, a discussion with your medical provider or consulting pharmacist may point you in the right direction. For some, personalized compounded medications may be the best path to achieve optimal health.
Healthy Lifestyle and Energy Levels
Maintaining a healthy diet and weight are among the top factors that influence quality of life and medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure. Already trying everything and still hitting walls? You do have further options!
Many compounding pharmacies offer consultation services that will partner you, the pharmacy, and your provider together to determine the best plan and/or treatment.
Nutrition and Exercise
As men age, energy levels can drop. Adequate nutrition and a healthy lifestyle play a big part.
- Visit with your provider or consulting pharmacist to discuss how to achieve a healthy balance of protein, carbohydrate, fat, fiber, water, vitamins and minerals, to help you live at the peak of your potential.
- Are you getting up and moving? Even 15 minutes each day has benefits! 1
Testosterone supplementation and replacement therapy can help rejuvenate and recharge men diagnosed with hypogonadism (low testosterone).
How do you know when to consult with your physician? Symptoms to watch out for include
- low energy
- decreased libido
- a diminished sense of well-being 2.
Other health areas that adequate testosterone levels can improve include muscle mass and bone density. 2
It can be difficult to find the right medication that works for you and your physiology in order to achieve optimal testosterone levels. If other options fail, a compounded preparation may be the solution that solves the riddle.
Along with hormone levels and nutrition, having your thyroid function checked by your provider can be beneficial to find the ideal energy level.
- Symptoms of thyroid dysfunction include tiring easily, dry skin, forgetfulness, depression, and constipation. 3
- If your thyroid hormone level is not in the optimal range, compounding pharmacies can be beneficial if commercially available options aren’t helping you find the right balance.
Shared from :
2 Bhasin S, Cunningham GR, Hayes FJ, Matsumoto AM, Snyder PJ, Swerdloff RS, Montori VM, Task Force, Endocrine Society, J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95(6):2536.